May Faves

14:49

By the time this is published, I will be nearly almost not a student anymore. This is super scary for me, but also pretty exciting. This last month has been pretty chock full of completing deadlines and spending far too much money on my degree show. But I've also been trying to make the most of these last few weeks living in my Uni house with my best friends and the advantages of still being a student. I've decided to start a monthly favourites series, not a concept that is particularly fresh - I see these types of posts on nearly every blog - but it's something I thought would be fun. Here we go. 


Stripes

I'm not ashamed to admit that I may have a small problem this month. I've been trying not to splurge too much money on clothes - leaving uni is expensive - but the clothes I have bought have inexplicably all featured stripes. I don't know what it is but every time I've been shopping I've just been drawn to anything breton or even a little bit nautical. One of my fave stripy buys was this little number below. At only £5 from Primark this off the shoulder bodycon was a steal and makes me feel very Bardot. 





L'oreal Lumi Foundation

So, earlier this month my Holy Grail foundation (Nars Sheer Glow) ran dry, and no amount of scraping the bottom of the bottle would get me enough product for a full face. At £31.00 this foundation, as amazing as it is, is pretty pricey and something I couldn't afford to repurchase this month. Instead I did a bit of research online and popped into Boots to find what apparently is the next best thing. Going from high-end makeup to drugstore brands can sometimes be disappointing so I was a little bit worried about how I'd fare without my handy bottle of Sheer Glow. I picked up a bottle of the highly recommended L'Oreal Lumi, and I love it! The coverage is medium, so it's enough to cover up any imperfections while still allowing the natural texture of my skin to come through. The finish is dewy, similarly to Nars, and didn't make me look too oily, which was lovely. I'll probably still repurchase Sheer Glow, but only use it on special occasions. L'Oreal Lumi is a new favourite of mine, great for everyday wear, and especially over the summer when I prefer to wear lighter make-up. 




Bahoma Le Jardin Candle

I love a good candle, and I also love a good bargain. So, last time I ventured into town I popped into TK Maxx to see what they had on offer. I picked up a Bahoma candle in Le Jardin for £5, and compared to it's RRP of £25.95, it was an absolute steal. The candle was packaged in a very simplistic and elegant white box and came in a decadent feeling glass jar. With top notes of pear, cassis and melon, and base notes of musk and sandalwood (my fave scent ever), this fragrance was well up my street. It makes my bedroom smell fabulous and has a burn time of around 75 hours, so well worth the money! I will definitely be on the look out for more Bahoma products on my next TK Maxx jaunt. 



Liz Earle Skincare

A couple of months ago I had run out of my (at the time) fave moisturiser and it was out of stock everywhere! Arghh. I went on the hunt for something I could use in the meantime, and after scouring online reviews and advice from friends, I purchased Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser for dry/sensitive skin. After only a couple of uses I was in love and 100% converted. And even better, my purchase came with a sample size version of Liz Earle's iconic Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth cleanser. Before then I was an in-the-shower cleanser with whatever was on offer in Boots (don't judge me), but this completely revolutionised my face routine and I found myself sticking to my new ritual of cleansing every morning and night. Obvs I immediately went out and purchased a full size. I recently got my hands on Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic - the skincare trifecta! I never really understood the importance of toner before, but my skin has absolutely reaped the benefits. It's never looked better and I'm 100% a Liz Earle convert for life now. 





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts